Not sure which product is best for your needs or how to use it?
Give our friendly sales and technical team a call
Reprotec Dampstop is a two pack Epoxy resin-based primer/coating, which has been developed to function as a residual construction moisture suppressant, allowing the early installation of moisture sensitive flooring in fast track building programmes in new concrete and as a damp proof barrier in old concrete slabs.
New Concrete takes time to dry out before the application of Resin Finishes this is usually recommended to be at least 28 days, Reprotec Dampstop can reduce that overcoating time to just 8 days, allowing for a speedier application of the chosen finish.
It is also recommended for areas of concrete that are difficult to dry out completely, its tolerance to damp makes it an ideal primer for all of the Reprotec flooring range and if two coats are applied it can be left as a finished coating.
One or two coats may be applied depending on the degree of dampness present in the sub-floor.
The product is available in grey, red, and clear colours to allow control of uniform coverage. We recommend that you use different colours for each coat to aid correct thickness overall, it makes it a lot easier to see where you have coated.
Reprotec Dampstop is also suitable for priming damp, minimally prepared substrates.
Suitable for Interior or Exterior projects
- Pot life:
- @ 20ºC: 45 Minutes
- @ 10ºC: 90 Minutes
- Colours: Grey, Red and Clear
- Tack Free Time @ 20°c: 6 hours
- Hard Dry Time @ 20°c: 14 hours
- Coverage: 3.5 m²/kg first coat
- 4m²/kg second coat
Reprotec Dampstop is supplied in 5kg packs
Reprotec Dampstop shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
- A surface damp proof / proofing membrane
- A moisture suppressant on concrete and sand/cement screeds
- A damp tolerant primer for concrete and resin screeds
- A surface tolerant coating
- Can be left as a stand alone finish if two coats are applied
- Can also be used for total immersion internals of water tanks (not suitable for potable water)
- Provides surface damp-proof membrane
- Allows rapid laying of floor toppings to power floated concrete
- Solvent free, low odour
- Coloured to monitor progress
- Low viscosity, easily applied
- Excellent adhesion
- Surface tolerant
- Excellent resistance to water, grease and oil