Sherwin-Williams Fast Clad 7220 is a two component, fast-drying, phenalkylated zinc phosphate epoxy primer used as a multi-functional low temperature curing coating for the protection of carbon steel.
- For Industrial Use Only
- Specified for use as a primer for structural steel on blast cleaned steel for internal and external environments
- May also be used as a high build intermediate coat as well as the final coat where a low sheen industrial & functional finish required
- Indefinitely overcoatable with epoxy systems
- May be applied between 75 and 225 microns DFT in one coat depending on specification requirement
- Meets the performance requirement of BS EN ISO12944-2:2017 (C5) as part of a three coat system
- Quick-drying: Touch-dry in 15 mins at 23°C
Where to use
Specified for use as a primer for structural steel on blast cleaned
steel for internal and external environments, it may also be used as
a high build intermediate coat as well as the final coat where a low
sheen industrial and functional finish is required.
Not for immersion service.
Where good colour and gloss retention is required in an external
environment, or a full decorative finish is required in an internal
environment, one of our topcoats designed specifically for this role
should be chosen. A selection of available topcoats is listed in this
data sheet under Recommended Topcoats.
Fast-Clad 7220 may be applied between 75 and 225 microns DFT in
one coat depending on specification requirement. As many projects
will differ in terms of client requirements and exposure environments,
detailed project specifications are available from Sherwin-Williams
PRODUCT DATA SHEET | DOWNLOAD
MSDS SHEET - BASE | DOWNLOAD
MSDS SHEET - CURING AGENT | DOWNLOAD
Don't forget your accessories...
Make sure you have everything you need with our essentials accessory pack which includes all you need to apply 2 coats of Ecoguard HB (2 coats are usually recommended)