Not sure which product is best for your needs or how to use it?
Give our friendly sales and technical team a call
Reprotec Steelcoat Primer is a two pack, water-based, Epoxy, anti-corrosive primer designed for the protection of steelwork.
Whilst optimum performance will only be achieved by applying to well-prepared substrates, Reprotec Steelcoat Primer will adhere well to minimally prepared surfaces.
Reprotec Steelcoat Primer has been formulated to provide fast touch dry times and rapid hardness development.
- Colours: Light grey and Red
- Volume solids: 60%
- Specific Gravity: 1.46
- Pot Life: 2 hours @ 20ºC
- Touch Dry: 1-2 hours @ 20ºC
- Hard Dry: 4 hours @ 20ºC
- Full Cure: 7 days @ 20ºC
- Overcoating at 20ºC: minimum 4 hours, maximum 2 months
- Coverage approx 6 m2 per litre per coat (one coat is usually sufficient)
Reprotec Steelcoat Primer is supplied in 1L, and 5L packs.
Reprotec Steelcoat Primer shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- As an anti-corrosion primer for steel work.
- As a holding primer for grit blasted steel surfaces.
- Non toxic
- Fast drying
- May be applied to damp or dry surfaces
- Excellent anti-corrosion properties
- Compatible with a wide range of top coats
- Long overcoating window
- Easily applied
- Very good adhesion
- Early water resistance
- Good chemical resistance