Epoxy Anti-Corrosive Primer
Steelcoat is specially designed for the protection of steel work. It is a two-pack, water-based, anti-corrosive primer to use under epoxy paint for steel. It has been expertly formulated to provide fast-touch dry times and rapid development of durability and firmness.
1 Litre of Steelcoat will treat between 4 - 6m2 giving an dry film thickness between 100-150 microns.
Promising Optimum Performance
To achieve optimum performance, make sure to apply Steelcoat to well-prepared substrates. However, this high-grade steel primer will also adhere well to minimally prepared surfaces.
Find Out More
Contact our advice line and speak to a specialist today if you would like to know more about Steelcoat Primer from RM Suppliers.
- Colours: Light Grey and Red
- Volume Solids: 60%
- Specific Gravity: 1.46
- Pot Life: 2 hours @ 20ºC
- Touch Dry: 1-2 hours @ 20ºC
- Hard Dry: 4 hours @ 20ºC
- Full Cure: 7 days @ 20ºC
- Overcoating at 20ºC: minimum 4 hours, maximum 2 months
- Coverage approx 6 m2 per litre per coat (one coat is usually sufficient)
Steelcoat Primer is supplied in 1L and 5L packs.
Steelcoat Primer shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Specially designed as an anti-corrosion primer for steel work, and a holding primer for grit-blasted steel surfaces.
- Non Toxic
- Fast Drying
- May Be Applied to Damp or Dry Surfaces
- Excellent Anti-Corrosion Properties
- Compatible with a Wide Range of Top Coats
- Long Overcoat Window
- Easily Applied
- Very Good Adhesion
- Early Water Resistance
- Excellent Chemical Resistance